Most Active Stories
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Next Wave- Harding
Thu May 9, 2013
Amber Harding- Seniors and Pets
Recent studies, like one done by the Baker Medical Research Institute in Australia, have found that owning pets can actually help people live longer, healthier lives. These benefits can be especially valuable for the elderly. As part of WUOT's Next Wave Radio Project, Amber Harding takes a look at a program in Knoxville that’s bringing lonely seniors,and lonely pets together.