Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Around the Nation
Mon April 15, 2013
6 Year Old Takes Car Out To Get Chinese
Originally published on Mon April 15, 2013 1:28 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. People in Lapeer, Michigan called to report a car moving erratically. Callers said it looked like a six-year-old was driving. Police discovered a six-year-old was driving. He'd taken the keys off the counter at home and taught himself what to do. Asked what he thought he was doing, the boy explained that he was going out for Chinese food, of course.
Then, having struck a no left turn sign, the boy was heading for the dealer hoping to make some car repairs. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.