Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Mon May 27, 2013
'1913': Leads A Tour Of The World A Century Ago
Originally published on Mon May 27, 2013 5:10 am
When World War I broke out in 1914, it unleashed unimaginable carnage and upheaval. By the time the war ended four years later, nearly 40 million lives had been lost, dynasties had collapsed and the global political order was shaken to its core. But what about the year prior to the war? David Greene talks to Charles Emmerson, author of 1913: In Search Of The World Before The Great War.