Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Michael hosted weekday afternoon classical music for 16 years at WMFE-FM public radio in Orlando. For about five of those years, he also hosted All Things Considered. He produced interviews with local classical musicians, and one with jazzman Sam Rivers. He appeared on WMFE public TV many times during fund drives both live and in character in a series of recorded features. In 2008, he created a series of one-minute features on wine for WUCF-FM, a public radio station in Orlando with a jazz format. Before his years as a classical host, he worked as a DJ on commercial stations in central Kentucky for about nine years.
Michael is fond of the music of many composers, including Boulez (also as a conductor), Messiaen, Debussy, Schubert, Takemitsu, Birtwistle and Schoenberg. He also enjoys jazz and Indian classical music. His other interests include art, literature, exercise, gardening and cooking. He is a member of the Knoxville Gem & Mineral Society. Michael graduated cum laude from the University of Notre Dame with a degree in English. He got his start in radio there on WSND-FM as a classical host for three years.