Most Active Stories
- The Method: What's Up On Pluto; Checking Up On Waterway Health
- Civil War Conference Highlights Tennessee's Difficult Transition To Post-war Peace
- Interview: Wilma Dunaway On The History Of Appalachia And Capitalism
- Ellen, Helen And The Origin Of The Love Kitchen
- Knoxville Opera presents Verdi's "Il Trovatore"
John Powers is the pop culture and critic-at-large on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. He previously served for six years as the film critic.
Powers covers film and politics for Vogue and Vogue.com. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including Harper's BAZAAR, The Nation, Gourmet, The Washington Post, The New York Times and L.A. Weekly, where he spent twelve years as a critic and columnist.
A former professor at Georgetown University, Powers is the author of Sore Winners, a study of American culture during President George W. Bush's administration.
He lives in Pasadena, California, with his wife, Sandi Tan.