Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
Dr. John Henning Schumann is a writer, internist, and medical educator at the University of Oklahoma School of Community Medicine in Tulsa. His medical practice consists of adult primary care, in addition to training residents and medical students. He serves as Associate Director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program at OU.
He previously worked to improve patients’ experiences at teaching hospitals in Boston and Chicago before moving to Tulsa in 2011. He writes the popular blog GlassHospital, which demystifies medicine and health care.
Robert Smith is a correspondent for NPR's Planet Money where he reports on how the global economy is affecting our lives.
If that sounds a little dry, then you've never heard Planet Money. The team specializes in making economic reporting funny, engaging and understandable. Planet Money has been known to set economic indicators to music, use superheroes to explain central banks, and even buy a toxic asset just to figure it out.
Smith admits that he has no special background in finance or math, just a curiosity about how money works. That kind of curiosity has driven Smith for his 20 years in radio.