Most Active Stories
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: Social Media, Your Job & You
Kevin Kniestedt became the host of Morning Edition on WFAE in September of 2013. Prior to that, he spent twelve years in public radio in Seattle/Tacoma and Spokane, Washington, where you could find him on the air just about any random hour of the day. Kevin has spent time hosting both news and music, has interviewed the likes of Dr. John, Chick Corea, and Branford Marsalis, and has authored the list 1,000 Jazz Albums You Should Hear Before You Die. Kevin is also a huge sports fan, loves a good film festival, and can often be found indulging on a massive plate of nachos.
Anya Kamenetz is NPR's lead education blogger. She joined NPR in 2014, working as part of a new initiative to coordinate on-air and online coverage of learning.
Kamenetz is the author of several books about the future of education. Generation Debt (Riverhead, 2006), dealt with youth economics and politics; DIY U: Edupunks, Edupreneurs, and the Coming Transformation of Higher Education (Chelsea Green, 2010), investigated innovations to address the crises in cost, access, and quality in higher education. Her forthcoming book, The Test (PublicAffairs, 2015), is about the past, present and future of testing in American schools.