Most Active Stories
Mug Design Contest Deadline is Fast Approaching
Submit your design for the WUOT artist mug! WUOT 91.9 FM is seeking submissions from our talented and creative listeners for the station’s third annual WUOT Artist Mug Design Contest. You make WUOT possible, and we want to involve you in what we do. This is a way you can leave a lasting impression on WUOT Public Radio. The winning design will be featured on a limited-edition mug that will be available to WUOT donors during the next spring or fall fund drive.
About the competition What does WUOT mean to you? What image does it conjure? Your design should reflect an interpretation or appreciation of the station, its programming or the station’s home in East Tennessee.
We welcome all styles of artwork from cartoon to watercolor to photography – as long as it translates well on a mug! The winning design will be featured on our website and also will be promoted on the air during the fund drive. The winning artist will receive significant on-air mentions during the fund drive.
All entries must be received by the station by 6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 9, 2013.
How to submit artwork
Please upload your submission to: http://tinyurl.com/43ch9kc OR mail it on CD to WUOT * Attn: Lisa Beckman * 209 Communications Bldg * Knoxville, TN 37996-0322
More than one entry per artist is accepted.
* The printing space is 8 and 3/4 inches WIDE by 3 and 7/8 inches HIGH and must fit into this template. The image should be in full color and able to wrap around an 11-oz. white ceramic coffee mug almost from handle to handle (see sample images, below).
* The theme for the design must relate to WUOT Public Radio and/or East Tennessee.
* The design must be provided in a digital format. We accept Adobe Illustrator (highly preferred), Photoshop, JPEG and TIFF 300 dpi or higher. Hi-res vector art in CMYK is ideal. The artwork can be created in any medium you want, even a painting or quilt, but it will need to be scanned or photographed at a high resolution to be converted into a digital format and fit the same printing space given above.
* A caption “designed for WUOT by (your name) 2013" must be included. It can run along an edge of the artwork (within the printing space) or be incorporated into the design.
* The design must be created exclusively for WUOT. The artist gives WUOT the unlimited rights to reproduce and/or display the image on mugs, website and any other promotional materials. The image will become the property of WUOT. WUOT will retain the original art for the station’s permanent collection. The artist will not receive cash payment for the work.
The voting committee will comprise WUOT staff and 91.9 Inc. board members; however, WUOT’s senior managers reserve the right to select the winning design.
Questions? Please contact Lisa Beckman at 865-974-9558 or email@example.com.
Here are previous winning mug designs:
WUOT mug design by Sheila Lutringer spring 2013
WUOT mug design by Chris Lowe fall 2012
WUOT mug design by Daniel Boutté spring 2012
WUOT mug design by Bobbie Crews fall 2011